The Emory-Georgia Tech Kavli Brain Forum will continue again this year, with speakers approximately once a month giving talks on topics in theoretical and computational approaches to neuroscience. The aim of the Forum is to bring together researchers from the two campuses to hear from interesting speakers who will serve as the catalyst for continued discussions and collaborations amongst the Atlanta neuroscience community. Talks will be held at 3:30pm, typically on Wednesdays, with a reception of light refreshments immediately following. The fall schedule is:
- Friday, September 22, 2017 – Georgia Tech (IBB 1128 3:30pm)
- Dr. Jonathon Pillow, Princeton University
- "Low-Dimensional Dynamic Encoding in Prefrontal Cortex during Decision-Making"
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 – Georgia Tech (IBB 1128 3:30pm)
- Dr. Dan Yamins, Stanford University
- "Using Artificial-Intelligence-Driven Deep Neural Networks to Uncover Principles of Brain Representation and Organization"
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 – Emory University (Rita Anne Rollins bldg 252)
- Dr. Máté Lengyel, University of Cambridge
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017 – Georgia Tech (IBB 1128 3:30pm)
- Dr. Xaq Pitkow, Rice University
"Revealing nonlinear computation by analyzing choices"